HorizonsUnlimited

The Motorcycle Adventure Travel information resource - The HUBB Bulletin Board, Community, monthly e-zine, all the information the motorcycle traveler needs.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Some Detail ...

Time is getting ever closer to our departure. I dropped of Claudia and Werner at the airport a few days ago. And it's now just 3 days until Deb and I leave.

And I still have a few days work to get the Scout Computer systems ready for the Jamboree of the Internet (Joti) over the 16th/17th October.


While I said we would be traveling without a detailed timetable, some sort of basic planning is needed. Otherwise we would not connect up some of the dates and or people we wish to meet.

A few things have started to form.

In Morocco we hope to bush camp for some of the time. But I have promised Deb we'd have a few nights in a real hotel or Guest House. And so as it happens a good friend of Deb's suggested we stay at a hotel she has visited in the town of Essaouira  Morocco. And here is the web page for that hotel or Guest House Deb's Idea of Camping looks very nice. But I guess even my old bones will enjoy a few nights in a real bed!



Dardes Gorge, High-Atlas Mountain Range.

A few years ago I had a Horizons Unlimited calendar, with a photo of Overland bikers riding into the Dadeis Gorge.

I looked at that image for years as I kept the calendar up past it's use by date :)

With thoughts like ... "If ever I get a chance, I'll ride that road some day..."
Seems that day is getting real close now.













 Another thing I've wanted to do is attend a MotoGP race round in Europe.

Damian Donovan and I had talked about this for years. The colour, noise and excitement of being at a big Europe meeting has always been on my 'Bucket List". Probably only want to do it once, as all those humans in one place will freak me out. So with the last round on the 2011 MotoGP race year on Sunday 6th November at the Ricardo Tormo near Valencia Spain . And with us in Morocco about this time, we'll leave Morocco in time to catch this race. We have booked a Bed & Breakfast or Home stay for 4 days about 20kms north of the race track.

You'll be able to spot us in the grandstand, as we'll have the Aussie flag waving support for Casey Stoner! So I hope the racing goes down to the last round, but it doesn't look like it at this stage of the year, with Casey on a win streak!

 The B&B is only located about 25kms from Valencia, and we can take the train into Valencia and do some sight seeing, shopping and other general tourist stuff.

After this event we'll be heading back through France, taking about 1 - 2 weeks to arrive back in Remscheid again.


Cheers,
Stephen & Deb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd luv to hear your comments...