HorizonsUnlimited

The Motorcycle Adventure Travel information resource - The HUBB Bulletin Board, Community, monthly e-zine, all the information the motorcycle traveler needs.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

To the Prynees


So we  spent some time updating our Blog, up loading (3 attempts)  the Alp D’Huez video. And generally enjoying a free camp site of the quality that Fredric and his wife had ‘loaned’ us Fantastic. And we hope we can repay their generosity  if they ever decide to ‘tour Oz’.



So we got way bang on 11:00am, I had given the GPS a simple instruction. Andora’s capital city. And it was on the case no problems today.  But as I have said some days the Motorway is the ticket. And it would be for 80% of today. The last 20% were into the Foot hill and beyond to the western Pyrenees. I (we ?) had another great day blasting through (gott’a remember it’s a Xvr750 weighing about 550Kgs) so blasting is not quite correct…) into turns and up the seemingly never ending climbs.
Getting our 1st break sorted out (12:30)

Motorway is close by


We enjoyed two (Yes 2) tea breaks along the way. The last one was a bit exciting when the bike, after about 30mins slowly toppled over on its side stand… I plan to take the side stand home and fix it proper, like my DR’s with a proper Foot and kick down leaver…

No pitcure of a laying over bike here, We Australian!!

Can you tell ?? Happy to be stopped for a while!

And the traffice never stops! I will be over europe soon I'm sure. Aussie sized traffice jams for me...

Anyhow we had a couple pass us on bikes. The guy was on a KTM 990 Adventurer and his partner was on a 600cc road bike I did not know (Jap type). They had pulled over for a break at the bottom of a steep climb. While we had ridden to the top and taken our ‘tea’ break The one where the bile toppled over). Anyhow we had just packed up and we’re heading to rejoin the road and they approached. He flashed to indicate to go, and I joined the traffic. Just ahead of him.



We traveled like this for about 30 kms through several towns. But I could see he was not b as heavily loaded as Deb and I. So when the time was right I indicated for him (and his Partner) to pass me. We then spent the next 90mins crossing over into the Andorra state/ province  where they took the ‘Cors’ over the hill and Deb and I took the (paid for) tunnel. But we were ready to find a camp so it was a good option. I figure we had rolled the dice on finding camping spots enough for the moment.
Our tent and camo ground tonight.


I spy with.. My Wife with food!!



Deb went shopping for dinner while I put up campo up Got the billy on and tea. When she returned she said we were having EBC’s for dinner!! WOW. Egg Bacon and Cheese sandwediges  for dinner. J ) was great too. Got it yesterday ½ price special Vins bargain (6 euro). So this explains the grammar OK!!

Cheers, for now

Stephen with a sleeping Deb in the tent.

Yes 1st Free WiFi that works into the camping area of a camp site…


No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd luv to hear your comments...